I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Tool or a Trap?

From the Tarot of the Crone this morning comes the Eight of Swords:
A cloaked figure, standing in front of two pillars,  holds a book that is outlined by eight swords.  The question is, do these swords (thoughts, ideas) allow passage between the pillars, or prevent it?  I read a book recently that stated the church didn't want to have anything to do with mysticism because it couldn't be mass marketed and therefore controlled.  There is some knowledge that can become a tool of wisdom for me, but there is also knowledge that can become a trap for me, closing my mind to other views and possibilities.  If I'm in a cage, bound by dogma or negative thinking, I'm going nowhere.  And I'd really like to know what is behind those pillars...

     "Urubango" is the dragon drawn today from the Transforming Dragons deck:
 
In this dragon's case, two heads aren't better than one, as it has caused nothing but indecision.  Some choices are a piece of cake for me to make, but others can be rather hard, especially when they affect other people.  I often don't want to choose, because then I will feel responsible for the outcome.  Yet I can create more chaos by going back and forth instead of taking a stand one way or the other.  I need to trust my inner Self, whose guidance is much more reliable than my ego's.

No comments:

Post a Comment