I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cycles and Satisfaction

The deck I'll be using this week was created by Mary Griffin and is called the Hezicos Tarot.  This morning's draw is the Moon:
A silver full moon shines against the black of the night.  Two gibbous moons adorn its cheeks, and a crescent moon rests on its chin.  This image reminds me of the cycles I am constantly moving through.  As Thanksgiving arrives next week, with Christmas close behind, I'm gearing up to do some cooking, traveling, and wrapping a few presents.  This time of year is hectic and stressful, but like the phases of the moon, I know this busyness won't last forever.  If you look carefully at the bottom left side of the moon's face, there is a faint outline of a key.  What does it represent?  For me, it is about keeping tabs on my fluctuating emotions as I move through the holidays.  They will signal when my body and spirit need my attention and care.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Way of the Horse, with text written by Linda Kohanov and artwork by Kim McElroy.  Today's card is "Point of View:"
Two horses stand on a hill viewing the area around them.  The gift of this card is discernment, the ability to judge with understanding and insight.  The challenge is in developing the skill to uncover my false assumptions and my true motives.  Positive thinking will do me no good if I don't dig down and uncover the truth.  Aspirations based on external gratification (pleasing others, a need to be the best, material things) will inevitably lead to disappointment.  Yet if my actions are based on what is innately satisfying to me, then the joy that results will be lasting rather than fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment