I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Skillful Manifestation or Manipulation?

This week I'll be using a primitive art deck, created by Rebecca Jones, called the Granny Jones Tarot.  Today's card is the Magician:
In this card we see a man who looks like a used car salesman trying to make a sale.  Is he honest?  The pockets on his blazer are turned out, as if he says, "See?  Nothing to hide!"  But I do notice there is a bill hanging out the side of his pants pocket.  The Magician skillfully uses all of his tools - the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual - to manifest what he desires.  He has a focus like a laser that keeps him on track.  But because of his proficiency, there is a temptation to use these talents only for self-benefit, regardless of how it may affect others.  Before I use what's in my toolbox, I need to check my motives. The end doesn't necessarily justify the means.

     The oracle I'll be using this week is a homemade one, composed of metal buttons with various pictures and designs on them.  Some I've bought and some have been generously given to me as a gift.  Each one has a quote and a keyword associated with it.  Today's draw is the "Dragon - Protection:"
You protect your being when you love yourself better. ~ Isabelle Adjani
Unlike Western dragons, Eastern dragons are portrayed as good, kind, and intelligent.  This image reminds me that no one can look out for my welfare better than me.  While I try to see the good in everyone, I know that some folks have ulterior motives and will manipulate me to get what they want.  I must guard my "treasure" from these people, whether it is my finances, my time and energy, or my peace of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment