I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sorting Out Feelings

The card pulled from the Golden Tarot this morning is the Five of Wands:
Five young men seem to be at odds over some object on the ground; a few want to whack it, a few want to protect it, and one just wants to wait and see what happens.  This card emphasizes conflict.  If it is external, it is usually people who have different ideas about how something should be done or handled.  In my case, I think the conflict is internal.  I have mixed feelings this morning that pull me one way then another. The rooster tells me that I've squandered enough time going back and forth on this issue - its time to deal with it and come to a decision.

     From the Angel Blessings deck this morning comes the angel "Stamera:"
Stamera deals with forgiveness.  I know that for me to hold a resentment against someone else only hurts me in the long run.  I've felt in the past that I was somehow letting someone off the hook by forgiving them.  Today I know that I don't have to hold on to my anger, but that doesn't mean I have to trust someone either.  I can discern whether or not someone has my best interests at heart; if not, I can choose to love them from afar.  The snake that has bitten once will probably bite again - my challenge is not to hate him, but to avoid him if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment