I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Taking Justice out of my Hands

   The Hoi Polloi brings forth another sword wielding character today, Justice:
I often pull this card when something is out of balance in my life.  Not the physical things, such as health, money, or time management, but things that have to do with relationships - honesty, fairness, and respect.  In this image, the woman wears a purple tunic and has a purple jewel on her crown.  Purple is the color of wisdom, but it is also a mixture of a warm color and a cool color (red and blue), indicating that no favoritism will be shown.  The white cloak and robe represent her purity (no dishonesty or prejudice), but the red stole around her neck and the red mat under her feet tell me that action will be taken to bring things back into balance.

     The card from Clark and Gill's I Ching deck today is "Wind over Dragon:"
The rice paddy workers remind me of a saying my father-in-law had: "Keep your head down and your tail up."  In the food business, it served us well on busy days when we needed to pay attention to the customer in front of us rather than focusing on all the people waiting to be served.  The key phrase associated with this trigram combination is "exercise restraint."  I often want to fix a situation or wrap things up on my on timetable, but there are times when it is in my best interest to do the task in front of me instead of forcing an outcome to happen.  As Gill states, "A gentle approach brings progress and success in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment