I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 23, 2011

Seeing and Hearing Clearly

The last few days here have been gray and rainy, so the card I drew today from the Margarete Petersen was quite welcome - the Sun:
Under the overwhelming brightness of the sun, two figures embrace.  Here is part of what Petersen writes about this card:
Illuminating the dark and light parts of the world
None more attractive than the other
You see what happens far away and deep inside
I wonder what would happen if this light, for just a few moments, lit up our world with such intensity that it allowed everyone to see past their fears, anger, sadness and pain.  What would we see?  Could we describe such beauty?  Would we realize our connection?  I have a feeling there would no longer be a reason to hang on to our fear, anger and pain.

     From the Heart of Faerie deck this morning comes the card "Prick Up Your Ears:"
This card encourages me to listen with clarity.   Many times I hear only part of what has been said, and I make assumptions on the small bit I heard instead of the full story.  Other times, I'm so busy mentally preparing what I'm going to say when the other person stops talking, that I don't really hear what they are trying to help me understand.  And when things are hectic and chaotic, as the holidays seem to be, I'm too busy to listen at all.  It's time to stop multitasking and pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment