I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stagnant Thoughts

The card drawn from the Quantum Tarot this morning is the Two of Swords:
Stopforth and Butler associate this card with dark matter, stuff that can't be seen (it doesn't reflect or emit enough light to be detected).  Like the wind, it can be identified by its effect on other things - its gravitational influence.  Scientists seem to know more about what it is not than what it is.  Like dark matter, sometimes I can't see the whole picture of a situation.  It may be because I don't have all the facts, because my emotions keep me from seeing clearly, or because I am rigidly holding on to fixed beliefs.  Whatever the case, this is not an auspicious time for making decisions.  I need to wait patiently and try to develop an objective view.

     The card pulled from the Universe Cards today is the "Elliptical Galaxy - stagnation:"
 
Elliptical galaxies are roundish or egg-shaped and are made of old stars coming to the end of their lives.  There is little dust and gas to make new formations, so creation seems to be at a standstill.  I was talking to a woman the other day who described her church in the same way - there were no new members coming in, and all the older members had no desire for fresh, innovative ideas.  If I isolate myself away from others and away from learning new ideas, I begin to stagnate.  When I am in this rut, I avoid listening to my Higher Self, and instead rely on my ego, who is content to maintain the status quo.  There may be times when I need make decisions and go in new directions, but my ego will be in no rush to pack my lunch and send me out the door... 

No comments:

Post a Comment