I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 26, 2011

Worry or Faith?

  From the Picture Postcard Tarot this morning comes the Nine of Swords:
This poor fellow wakes in the middle of the night to find his bed full of dead fish.  Is it a dream or is it real?  I had a sleepless night myself last night, even though I was exhausted when I went to bed.  I couldn't stop my mind from racing - making plans and solving problems.  The swords suit involves those worrisome thoughts that hang around like a bad odor.  Had I concentrated on the sound of mountain streams or the way the sun warms my skin, I could have replaced my mental gymnastics and probably gotten some sleep.  Sort of like Febreze air freshener clears the air...

     The card drawn from the Steps to Serenity deck today is "Faith:"
"Believe more deeply.  Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the moment you do not see." ~ As Bill Sees It
There are some days when I feel like I'm hanging on to the edge of life, much like this tree on the side of the mountain.  I struggle with living in this world, wondering if I have a purpose and if there is a deeper more meaningful side of things.  I don't believe in the faith of some religions, that seem to imply if you believe intensely enough that nothing bad will ever happen or everything will turn out to be rosy.  That to me is like wishing on a lucky rabbit's foot.  But I have found that if I trust Spirit, I will be given the strength and inner peace to handle whatever comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment