I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Coming Together, Staying in Balance

This week I'll be using the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot, designed by David Sheridan with instructions and book written by Alfred Douglas.  This morning's card is the Three of Cups:
A peacock and a peahen perch on the edge of a chalice filled with three eggs.  These birds have been linked with various spiritual figures and deities, such as Saraswati and Kwan Yin - both of whom are associated with benevolence and compassion.  The "eyes" on the tail feathers represent watching over others with loving-kindness.  This image reminds me that when two or more like-minded people come together, beautiful results can happen.  It just requires our egos taking a backseat to unity...

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Pages of Shustah, created by Ann Manser and Cecil North.  Today's draw is the "Spinning Top" (I apologize in advance for the yellow cards - they don't scan well):
The spinning top (and the clown that pops up behind it) signify the unexpected that happens while we are busy with our lives.  Do I put all my energy into worrying about it or do I keep my sense of humor and stay flexible?  Sometimes it is a gift that comes to help me change the direction I'm heading in.  Either way, I know I can draw on the strength of my companions and friends to keep me steady and centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment