I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 20, 2012

Controlling or Relinquishing?

Today's card from the Ship of Fools Tarot is the Queen of Staves:
A queen holds ropes that tether a bird, a sheep, and a bull.  She is a charismatic woman full of energy who likes to have several projects going (as suggested by the animals).  She prefers to be the leader of all these endeavors, maintaining control of how things are done (signified by the ropes).  The snag in her strategy can be seen on the right - the fool pulling the tails of the sheep and bull.  He represents all that can go wrong with her nicely laid-out plans.  I recognize this queen's love of organization and desire to direct in my life.  My challenge lies in realizing I need to be able to adapt to the unexpected and be open to the ideas of others.  No matter what my ego tells me, sometimes I don't have the best solution or the most useful creative concepts.

     The card drawn from the Wisdom of the Four Winds deck today is "Water - cleansing:"
This image makes me think of the last time I was at the coast.  I sat under the stars and moon, watching and listening to the waves roll in and back outThe rhythm soon calmed my breathing and my thoughts.  I let go of all my plans and "what ifs" and relaxed in the moment.  Water teaches me to be receptive to what is, and release those situations over which I have no control.

No comments:

Post a Comment