I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 2, 2012

Feeding the Soul

  This morning I drew the Ten of Disks from the Rosetta Tarot:
  
In Feng Shui (the Chinese art of arrangement to achieve energy, harmony and balance), three coins tied with a red string represent prosperity and abundance (3 = father, mother, child).  In this card, nine coins are looped together with a red ribbon, while one coin is loose.  This card symbolizes the abundance of abundance (3 x 3); like the Four of Cups though, sometimes having so much of anything leaves you feeling stagnant and burned-out.  With the extra coin not tied to the others, the cycle turns back to the Ace of Disks, creating potential and relieving the lethargic feeling.  I am reminded by this card that when I have many blessings, whether wealth, good health, or time and energy, it is good to use some to help others rather than hoard it all for myself, as this will bring true wealth.

     The card pulled from the Ascension to Paradise deck this morning is "Linnet:"
  
These small seed-eating birds are part of the finch family, and are known for their lovely songs.  The Linnet represents taking time to nourish my soul amid all the busyness in my life.  The soul has no checklist of things to buy to satisfy it; it feeds on beauty and love.  A friend sent me the Walt Whitman quote above, and I think it sums up this card nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment