I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Get Your Mind in the Game

The tarot deck I'll be using this week was created by Giacinto Gaudenzi and based on the engraving style of Albrecht Durer.  From the Tarot of Durer today comes the Chariot:

Those who are everywhere are nowhere.
Here's a family on their way to a festival or some other destination.  I can just hear the woman in the background telling her husband, "Can't you find a less bumpy road?"  The child (hidden in back) is asking over and over, "Are we there yet?  How much longer?"  And the poor man driving the wagon has his eye on the rat with a coin in his mouth; he is thinking, "I wonder how much this trip is going to cost me?"  All the occupants have their minds on something other than the scenic view on the way to their destination, making the trip seem even longer.  Today I will focus my energy on attaining my objective, rather than complaining about all the potholes along the way.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Philosopher's Stone, created by Austrian artist Dieter Schwertberger (aka DE ES).  This morning's card is "Task:"
Three stone people, each with a different expression, carry a large slab on their heads.  The shorter one seems to have the worst attitude, grumbling about the job the whole way.  The middle one isn't happy, but doesn't complain; he just wants to get the chore finished as quickly as possible.  The last guy seems to be content with just focusing on the task, not troubling himself with what he needs to do next.  I've got several responsibilities to fulfill today as well as several things I want to do.  The more I concentrate on what I want to do (instead of just doing what I need to do), the worse my attitude will be.  I will try instead to apply myself and my attention to what is in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment