I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It Turns on Truth

The draw for today from the Ship of Fools Tarot is Justice:

"He will soon be panting, he who / Constantly bickers like a child, / And thinks that he can blind the truth."
I can almost hear this fool whispering, as he ties on the blindfold, "No peeking!"  The blindfold reminds me how important objectivity is in making fair and just decisions.  I have a dear friend who has been trying to get a restraining order against a stalker.  She has filled out all the paper work and talked to the right people weeks ago, but she still must face him in court to make it official.  She is sick of jumping through so many hoops, and just wants this nightmare to be over.  We Americans have caused the gears of justice to slow down to a crawl because we sue over every little thing and manipulate the system to take revenge on others.  There are so many hoops to go through because Justice needs to sift through all the cases to first see if they are valid and then deal with them impartially.  This card encourages me to objectively test the truthfulness of a situation and then make my decisions.

     Chosen from the Wisdom of the Four Winds deck today is the "Pohutukawa - Tree of Life:"
  
The pohutukawa is a coastal evergreen tree that produces a brilliant display of red flowers during the months of November through January.  Because it can survive on rocky, precarious cliffs, it has been held in high regard by the Maori for its strength and beauty.  There is an 800 year old pohutukawa tree on the windswept cliff of Cape Reinga that is known as the "place of leaping."  It is here the spirits of the dead climb down the roots, descending to the underworld on their return journey.  Brailsford writes, "come to me in a thinking time, a grieving time and a healing time and I will lend you my strength.  I will nurture you amidst the turmoil of change."  This tree of life points to a pivotal change or a rite of passage in my life, and reminds me there is support to guide me through the labyrinth of decisions I will encounter as I move through these chapters in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment