I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sailing On, No Matter What May Come

   The card chosen from the Sheridan-Douglas on this rainy Wednesday morning is the Three of Batons:
My first thought when I saw the dolphin was, "Another cups card!"  But no, it is in fact from the batons/wands suit.  After researching this marine mammal, I discovered that since the time of the ancient Greeks, dolphins trailing in the wake of a ship were considered a good omen for a successful voyage.  The Three of Batons can be interpreted as having put my plans into action - the ship has left the harbor, so to speak.  I have the chance to expand my horizons if I will be fearless and persevere.

     From the Pages of Shustah this morning comes the "Bed:"
Being a part of the "red" group, this card indicated adversity or disappointment, which made me smile.  I rarely sleep well (6 hours is a good night for me), but for the past few nights I have slept hard.  The only problem is that I'm dreaming all night which is unusual for me.  Last night I dreamed I was pregnant and under attack (it just dawned on me that the card I drew yesterday was the Pregnant Mouse, hmmm...).  I would guess this card and my dreams mean that the new direction I'm headed in is likely to experience some bumps in the road.  My challenge will be in avoiding the desire to pull the covers over my head and instead keep on moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment