I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Attitudes and Listening Skills

The card pulled today from the Shining Tribe Tarot is the Ten of Rivers (Ten of Cups):
This image reminded me of Kathy Mattea's song "Standing Knee Deep in a River Dying of Thirst," not because it illustrates those lyrics, but because it is the complete opposite of them.  These people celebrate what is in their lives - their home, each other, and all of nature that surrounds them.  They are appreciative of all they have, and don't compare themselves to others or dwell on the "what ifs" or "should haves."  I know without a doubt that when I am in a place of gratitude, I am content and happy.  Life is brighter and my challenges seem lighter.  An attitude adjustment makes all the difference.

     From the wooden animal tiles today comes the "Wolf:"
Scientists today believe most of the wolf packs are nuclear families, consisting of a mother, father, and several litters of pups.  The parents teach their offspring how to hunt and survive; then when pups reach the age of about 2, they move on to start families of their own.  Compared to hunting dogs, their sense of smell is relatively weak, yet their sense of hearing is so sharp they are able to detect the fall of a leaf in autumn.  Wolf reminds me that no matter how many books I read, there are others who have more life experience than I do.  It is in my best interest to listen to their wisdom and learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment