I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rebalancing

  Today I drew another six card from the Tarot of Durer, the Six of Pentacles:
An eagle flies over a building, letting coins fall freely from a pouch in its talons.  It may seem like a waste of money, but the number six indicates a return to harmony from a place of imbalance.  The coins mean more than money, they also represent time and energy.  My first reaction to this card was to see the castle-like building below, and think, "Looks like they've got plenty of money, why would they need more?"  I have so many subtle prejudices hidden within my thoughts that sometimes I am unaware of them.  Perhaps the giving of myself or my resources is more to help me grow beyond my own narrow-mindedness.  That could be the inequity that needs to be righted.

     From the Philosopher's Stone deck this morning comes the card "Freedom:"

free·dom: the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint
Paired with the card above, I am reminded that it is not only my physical self that can be confined.  My past experiences, the education I've received, and the people I've associated with all have played a part in developing my mindset.  When I react to a situation (rather than purposefully act), I am chained to these lessons and beliefs that play a continuous tape in my head.  Not all of these ideas are unhelpful, but if I truly want to have freedom, I must take the time to look at them carefully, trace them back to their source, and judge with objectivity their value.

No comments:

Post a Comment