I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Web of Ideas

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Ace of Swords:
Ah, the tool of the visionary....  She's been to the top of the mountain and has seen the lay of the land.  The sword will cut away any fluffy nonsense, because she's interested in ideas that bring fruit (as shown on the branches).  The sword pierces the center of the crown, implying that these ideas came from a source other than ego (crown chakra).  The sword is held in the right hand, indicating the active masculine side; she'll need this quality to bring these ideas down to earth to make them practical.

     From the Beasts of Albion, the "Spider:"
This particular spider has a mark on its back that looks very much like a sword.  She is the physical representation of ideas - she weaves the web to create what her inspiration imagined.  There is a spider web across two bushes in front of the gate I use before dawn every morning, when I take out the trash.  In the dark, I can never see it, but I feel it on my face when I pass through it.  The spider reweaves it every day - my morning intrusion and damage doesn't seem to deter her a bit.  Sometimes weaving those ideas into reality require us to be quite persistent...

No comments:

Post a Comment