I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Am I Missing Something?

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Prince (Knight) of Wands:
This guy has so many ideas and plans that he wants to take action on, they're literally shooting out of the top of his head.  He is filled with passion, both the lusty kind and the kind that makes you enthusiastic about whatever it is you're undertaking.  The cracked heart underneath him is an obvious clue to the trail of people and projects he leaves in his wake.  Relationships or ventures that he originally was on fire about have been left by the wayside for something new and more exciting.  This card reminds me that there are plenty of adventures in the "now;" I don't have to constantly search for the latest novelty or feed my frenzied mind with excitement so I can avoid being bored.  I don't want to look back with regret on relationships or creative endeavors that I've abandoned to find what I think I'm missing.

     From the Master Tarot comes the "Supper:"
Montano uses the illustration of the Last Supper to encourage us to stop and appreciate our incarnation into this life.  Have I paused long enough to realize how lucky I am to have five senses to enjoy the world around me?  Do I realize how amazing this body is, the way it moves and carries me from place to place?  And do I understand what a magnificent machine the brain is, allowing me to read, process information, and keep my body in working order?  Sometimes I forget to be grateful for the simple things that bring me the greatest joy...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment