I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Choose Quickly!

The deck I'll be using this week is the Rohrig Tarot, created by Carl W. Rohrig.  The edition I have is from a Spanish publishing company, Editorial Sirio, and the deck is a standard size rather than the over-sized cards of the original edition.  Today's card is the Seven of Cups:
A purple flower drops its petals; it is dying because of the lack of water, illustrated by the dry, cracked ground.  The background shows a jagged line that reminds me of an EKG printout from a heart in distress.  There is nothing that nourishes or sustains the soul here, and a choice needs to be made quickly if there is to be any hope of things getting better.  What will fulfill me?  Certainly not just some quick fix that briefly covers the symptoms but does nothing about the underlying problem.  Like an all-night, steady rain, it will need to soak in deeply to my core.

     The other deck I'll be using this week is labeled a tarot, but I'll be using it as an oracle.  The Master Tarot was created by Mario Montano and Amerigo Folchi, and my draw for today is "Apocalypse:"
The outer crust of the earth explodes outward, leaving a bright light within.  The caduceus-like symbol implies that healing will happen, but in a drastic, life-changing sort of way.  In the booklet, Montano writes that we humans have been consumed with mastering nature and the world, but neglected to master ourselves: "Our identifications, our habits, our private fixations have grown like a crust all around us, and they threaten to choke us and curb our evolution entirely."  Transformation is coming regardless of what I do; I can choose to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment