I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Emerging toward Clarity

From the Spiral Tarot, Judgment:
An angel blows a trumpet, and humans rise up from the water in answer to the call.  Like the tarot card the Tower, Judgment is a wake-up call.  But instead of outside forces being the instigating cause, this card indicates an awakening that comes from within.  It allows me to see how old patterns of behavior and thought keep me stuck in the same place, and how these conditioned patterns affect those around me.  I am given a view that allows me to see from a much wider perspective than ever before.  But now that I see where changes need to be made, do I choose to transform myself and find freedom?  Or do I find too much comfort and security in those ingrained ways, and refuse to leave them?

     From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Emerge:"
Thiele writes in her companion booklet that when we constantly ask others what they think, we disconnect from the inner resources that we have to guide us.  Seeking approval from people means I am failing to rely on my Higher Self.  And as much as those folks might care for me, it is only the guide within that can direct me on the right path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment