I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's an Ongoing Thing...

  From the Restored Order Tarot, the Ten of Pentacles:
Three generations of a family enjoy the fruits of success with each other.  The ten pentacles in this card are arranged in a diagram resembling the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.  This diagram represents the process by which the Universe came into being.  But what is also important to understand is that this progression doesn't have a beginning and an end - it is a dynamic state of continuous creation.  Likewise, I must remember that while I can take pleasure in my blessings, I must be a good steward of what I have.  I can enjoy my health, home and assets, but I need to put forth the effort to continue to create this abundance.

     From the Oracle of the Kabbalah comes the letter "Yud:"
Yud is the smallest of the Hebrew letters, and the only one suspended in midair.  Yet as Rabbi Ginsburgh states, it is the "little that holds much."  In his companion book, Seidman writes, "According to the big bang theory of the creation of the universe, all matter emerged from a tiny point that exploded outward, expanding and gradually coalescing into galaxies and solar systems.  Yud represents that beginning point, that small seed from which the whole creation sprouts."  This letter reminds me that the ideas I have won't do me any good as long as they are "hanging in midair."  They must be grounded in reality - the seed I must plant with my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment