I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Separating the Grain from the Chaff

From the Shadowscapes Tarot, the Five of Cups:
Have you ever noticed that when you have a case of the mullie-grubs, everything seems to have a dark cloud hanging over it?  Lately I've felt this way, putting a "poor me" spin on everything.  "I must be writing in invisible cyber ink, because all my posts are ignored."  "My friends never seem to have the time to talk."  "My ideas always get snubbed."  Of course none of these thoughts are actually true, they've just been painted that way by my attitude.  I recently went to a cousin summit held at my mom's house.  My cousins and I are different in every way you could possibly be, yet we laughed until we cried and had a great deal of fun together.  Our day reminded me of all the many things I have to be grateful for, especially the unconditional love of friends and family.

     From the cedar runes this morning comes "Othala/Othila:"

An estate is very dear to every man,
if he can enjoy there in his house
whatever is right and proper in constant prosperity.

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem
While Othila is often referred to as an estate, it can actually represent one's heritage - both knowledge and material things.  While I can't change my ancestry, I can look at the good and bad that have come down my blood line and decide what is beneficial and what is detrimental.  I can decide to change my attitude, ideas, and behavior if they are causing my life to be out of balance.  And just maybe in this process of separating the grain from the chaff, I'll pass on something worthwhile myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment