I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 25, 2012

Sincere Effort

  From the Spiral Tarot, the Three of Pentacles:
Though the word "ballerina" is commonly used today to refer to any female ballet dancer, it previously was reserved for only the most accomplished female soloists.  In this image, the stage lights and roses indicate this woman's skill and recognition in her field, nicely illustrating the meaning of this card.  Though she might have some natural talent, there is no doubt she had to work tirelessly to develop her abilities to this level.  As Steventon in her companion book says, "Sincere effort does not go unrewarded."  On a personal level, it looks like this "Jill of all trades and master of none" needs to narrow her focus...

     From the Sacred Journey Cards this morning comes "Believe:"
Do I believe in possibilities?  Do I believe in the power of positive thinking?  Absolutely.  But what I don't believe is that I can manifest whatever I want with my mind.  I don't think the world was put here just so I can magically produce what my ego thinks I need.  The earth is full of animals, plants and minerals, and just because I am human doesn't mean my wants outweigh any others - the universe isn't obligated to give me what I demand.  I am a part of the whole system, not god of it.  The belief that I can create my reality is a half-truth; attitude and hard work can go a long way in making things possible, yet there is a web of balance that natural laws will not bend just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment