I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 23, 2012

Keeping a Close Eye on Things

  From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Knave (Page) of Pentacles:
SFPgP
This fellow sure is studying that stone he's carrying.  I wonder what he sees in it?  A fossil of some animal or plant from an eon ago?  Or maybe some type of crystal buried in matrix that is shining in the sun?  This is one Page who will not miss what is going on around him.  He notices even tiny things that others are too busy to see.  Inevitably they'll wonder, "How did he know that?"  It's simple - he constantly pays attention with all of his senses.

     From the Faeries' Oracle comes the "Maiden:"
FO14
This is one of those cards that you can't help saying "Awww..." when you see it.  She is just  so darn cute and innocent.  She represents all that is new and beginning to grow, whether it is a relationship, a job, or a project.  If she were in my care, I would slather her with sunscreen if we went outdoors, and I would keep my eye on her constantly.  Like all things in their "seedling" stage, protection and care is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment