I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 27, 2012

Productivity and Priorities

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Page of Wands:
SFPgW
It seems I've moved from the Page of Feeling yesterday to the Page of Doing today.  This fellow is so enthusiastic and daring, he has flames of fire on his head and all around him.  In a forest, not all fires are bad.  There are some types of seeds that only sprout when their coats have been cracked by a forest fire.  But then there are raging fires that are so devastating, they burn up every living thing in their path.  The Page of Wands hates to be bored and loves all types of escapades, but he must learn to be discerning in his choices of how and where he directs his energy.  Not all "doing" is productive; some of it may be a complete waste of time and some may do more harm than good.

     From the Faeries' Oracle comes the "Fee Lion:"
FO65
Froud describes the look on this fairy's face as the same look his cat gives him when he's late feeding him.  This fairy reminds me to avoid over-committing myself or having so many interests that I fail to fulfill my duties, promises, and obligations.  There is only so much time in a day, and while it sounds ridiculous to schedule both work and play, sometimes prioritizing is the only way I can fit everything in.  It is much more relaxing to sit down with a book knowing that I've not left anything important undone.  Guilt has a way of sucking the fun out of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment