I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pure Pleasure

From the Tarot of Dreams, the Three of Cups:
The masks and beads in this card remind me of Mardi Gras, the celebration before the six week Lenten period.  Mardi Gras literally means "Fat Tuesday," and was so named because people would eat and drink all they wanted (and more) before they had to fast.  Lately my idea of celebrating is, "Thank god this day is over and I can go to bed."  Lack of sleep for weeks on end tends to have that effect.  But Mardi Gras is about balancing the abstinence and austerity with pure pleasure and fun.  Its time to find something to celebrate, even if I'm the only one who shows up for the party.

     From the MentorSpirit deck this morning comes "Spontaneity:"
I really dislike this word, mostly because I have such a difficult time living this way.  I'm a list-maker, who likes things structured and thought-out.  If there's a change in plans, I need time to get my ducks in a row.  I'm sure at the bottom of my psyche is a need to have a firm grip on things, so I can feel like I'm in control.  It's just an illusion, I know, but a comforting one that is hard to release.  I suppose I should start small - I could drive a new way to visit my mother-in-law or try something new for lunch today.  For me, it will have to start with baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment