I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 13, 2012

Truth or Fiction?

   From the Tarot of the Masters, the Tower:
I know this is supposed to be a tower, but I can't help thinking of those models of volcanoes we made in elementary school.  Remember the ones that you would put baking soda inside and then would pour in vinegar for the "eruption?"  Like these volcanoes, sometimes it only takes one added ingredient to disrupt the rigid ideas I hold.  Last night I was reading a post by a woman who is a spiritual teacher, and whom I have held in high regard.  Many of my ideas parallel hers, and so I was quite upset to read what she wrote (it basically amounted to tearing down others without applying the same scrutiny to herself).  Today I feel a bit in limbo, questioning all my views and beliefs, and wondering if there is any substance to any of them...

     From the Key to the Kingdom comes the "Six of Clubs:"

The cheetah, my dearest, is known not to cheat;
The tiger possesses no tie -
The horse-fly of course, was never a horse -
The lion will not tell a lie.
The last line of this poem says, "There is no truth in these things at all."  This card reminds me that all humans wear masks, no matter how wise and enlightened they think they might be.  Can a leopard change its spots?  Not really, but it doesn't have to go around pretending it doesn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment