I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 30, 2012

What is to Come...

From the Wildwood Tarot, the Wanderer (Fool):
WTFool
An androgynous youth prepares to step across a threshold, from the world of spirit to the world of the physical.  What is interesting about this portrayal of the Fool is the young person carries no satchel.  His/her hands are open to receive this new experience with no baggage from the past or expectations of the future.  The focus is on potentials and possibilities rather than fears.  There is a face in the woods across the divide, revealing that Spirit is inherent in all things; if I can remember this principle then I can maintain my spiritual connection no matter where new paths lead me.

     From the Shaman's Oracle this morning comes the "Hunter of Gifts:"
SOHG
Thank goodness this cave art has nothing to do with early Christmas shopping.  Instead, it deals with uncovering and developing vital and valuable things I'll need to live life to the fullest.  This Hunter looks for not only what will cover basic needs (food, shelter, etc.), but also traits such as curiosity, perseverance, compassion, and creative expression.  This card reminds me to take time to develop all sides of my self - mental, physical, emotional and spiritual - if I want to find a sense of contentment and purpose in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment