I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Connecting or Dividing

From the Tarot of Timeless Truth, the Lovers:
TTTLovers
Vey created a nontraditional image for the Lovers; instead of two people with an angel overhead, or one person making a choice between two others, she incorporates the universe.  Vey's interpretation of this card involves connections and relationships with everyone and everything.  Sad to say, but most humans could probably find more in common with their pet than their neighbor.  Humans just seem wired to look for differences rather than what is mutally shared among us.  I must actively make a choice to see what connects me rather than divides me from my world.

     From the Rune Cards, "Woden/Ansuz:"
RCWoden
Woden (aka Odin) was the Norse supreme god associated with war, poetry, prophecy, and wisdom.  The rune Ansuz  is linked to the mouth, breath and speech, persuasion and inspiration.  It reminds me of the power of words - they can be used to heal, pass on knowledge, and create partnerships.  Or, they can be used to hurt, deceive, and start wars.  Its so easy to speak, but so much harder to think carefully before those words come out of my mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment