I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Movement and Moods

   From the Cosmic Tarot, the Chariot:
CTChariot
This fellow is moving at top speed down a rocky road.  Though the horses that pull his chariot look different, they both seem intent in heading in the same direction.  There are times when I have the energy to do things, but my mind and mood don't want to cooperate.  Then there are the days when I am enthusiastic about ideas for a project, but feel exhausted and can't bring myself to do much of anything.  It is wonderful on those days when I am emotionally, physically and mentally on the same page, and regardless of the "rocks" in the road, I can succeed in getting much done.

     From the L'Oeil de Lotus comes the "Moon:"
LL39
The phases of the moon around the earth speak of cycles and changes.  I can't help but think it also is a hint about the head space I've been in lately.  Menopause has made me feel like someone has given me drugs I didn't ask for.  I'm learning to deal with the hot flashes (more appropriately described as hot tsunamis), though they wake me constantly all night long and interfere with my sleep.  My moods have been eratic, going from serene to feeling like I am walking around with no skin on.  There have been days when I've had to put myself in "time out" for the protection of all those around me.  But as the card suggests, it is a phase not a permanent condition - thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment