I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Redefining My Role

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Queen of Wands:
TSTQW
With her rosy checks and confident expression, this woman oozes intensity.  She is passionate and determined, but her elemental associations can make her seem like someone with a split personality.  On one hand, her suit gives her a fiery personality (much like her cat); her desire is for you to want what she wants, and she doesn't mind goading you a bit to get it.  On the other end is her watery nature as queen, which is used to encourage and cheer on others who are following their dreams or trying to reach a goal.  Yet she has such a magnetic personality and such charm, sometimes it's hard to tell if you've been caught up in the excitement of her passion or if you're following your own heart.  I often need a breath of fresh air to clear my head when I'm under her influence.

     From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Compassion:"
GCCompass
On a rocky shore, a woman watches a ship being torn apart.  Seeing her hand over her heart lets me know she feels for its occupants, yet there is not much she can do.  Most of the women I know seem to be driven to do something about everything.  Somewhere we have been taught that we should play the role of "fixer."  But regardless of how much compassion I have for someone, there are times when I can't (or shouldn't) fix anything.  In her companion book Marashinsky writes about other ways to incorporate this trait:
1) deep listening
2) affirming a person's ability to handle whatever is in their life
3) witnessing without jumping in to rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment