I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 20, 2012

Replace or Repeat

From the Tarot of Timeless Truth, the Four of Pentacles:
TTT4P
I can almost hear the thoughts of these four people: "It's my life and my problems and I'll deal with things my way."  I hate to admit it, but I can relate to the insanity of such reasoning.  Yet it's hard to find an exit out of the iron box that my way of doing things created.  What produced my problems will not create the solution.  I have to open up to others, to be willing to try something new and different.  I went to a seminar last night (that I almost talked myself out of) on yoga nidra - a method that uses both mental and physical processes to reduce stress.  I found that at first I struggled to maintain control, but eventually I was able to relax.  When I did, the worries eased off too.  I'll be attending the three-week session that begins today; it will add another spiritual tool to my toolbox.

     From the Rune Cards comes "Need/Nyd:"
RCNeed
Nyd is oppressive to the heart;
yet often it proves a source of help and salvation
to the children of men, to everyone who heeds it betimes.

~ Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem
Like these wornout shoes, there are things in my life that need to be replaced with something else.  But like shoes that cause blisters and feet that ache, I often don't realize the problem until it causes me some pain.  The pain itself is not punishment, but a red flag trying to get my attention.  And as Linsell and Partridge state in the booklet, it "causes us discomfort but it can also bring contentment if we confront it."

No comments:

Post a Comment