I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Requirements of Love

  From the Touchstone Tarot, the Two of Cups:
TTT2C
Regardless of how much I think I have in common with someone, there will always be differences.  Here the male and female figures emphasize finding harmony even though there may be divergent opinions and ideas.  Does this partnership bring me joy (as shown by the two dolphins in the background), or does it bring me only sorrow?  Must I compromise my integrity in this relationship, or is there a sense of respect for each other's ethics and boundaries?  I prefer peace and accord, and I can bend and shape my opinions if needed.  But I must make sure I do not make malleable those parts of me that are important.  True love won't require that of me.

     From the Rune Cards comes the "Oak/Ac:"
RCOak
The oak on earth to the sons of men is food for flesh.
It often fares over the gannet's bath, and there the ocean
tests whether the oak honours the trust we place in it.
What impresses me about this oak is that even though it's dropped a huge limb, it's still producing a crop of acorns.  This rune does not deal with strength as much as it does endurance (think of a charging buffalo as opposed to a mountain).  No relationship is worth hanging onto if it can't persevere through a few stormy seas.  If it's a worthy alliance, weathering such problems will only make it stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment