I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tending to What Matters

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the King of Pentacles:
MGKgP
A successful businessman, this king has lots of practical wisdom to share.  He knows there are no short-cuts, and that competent, hard work will eventually pay off.  But there is one thing I like about the Morgan-Greer version of this king - he's not sitting on some throne surrounded by comforts and pleasures.  He's out in the field checking on his crop of grapes.  I have no doubt that he's aware if they need more water, additional fertilizer, or help with a pest problem.  He may have created a flourishing enterprise, but he wants it to stay that way, so he's there first-hand to keep an eye on things.  He reminds me that even though I might be headed on the right path to meet my goals, I need to avoid complacency.  There'll be no resting on my laurels today.

     From the Gods and Titans Oracle comes "Ra/Power:"
GTGSRa
Ra was an Egyptian solar deity, and so the authors have associated him with power, much like that of the sun.  Though I don't have a battery, I do need to recharge on a daily basis.  Just like the grapes growing in the king's field above, I need to tend my "soil" as well.  Getting my basic needs meet - good food, enough rest, and exercise - are a start, but I need more.  Sometimes the joy of being outdoors or laughing with friends infuses me with energy; other times I need quiet, introspective moments to turn within.  These activities will help keep me going when I'm feeling drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment