I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Depths and Do-overs

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seer (Page) of Cups:
I was pleasantly surprised to see the creators, O'Leary and Godino, dedicated this card to Pamela Colman Smith.  This Page is intuitive and emotionally sensitive; she might not be as intellectual as someone from the swords suit or a go-getter like those in the wands clan, but she knows how to connect on a deep level with others.  For me to connect my head with my heart often takes more than just reading words on a page.  Colman tapped into this ability through her artwork and storytelling.  Nate Summers, of WildernessAwareness.org, wrote in a recent newsletter: "If information is delivered in the form of a story, we tend to retain 70 percent of the information shared. If the information is just presented as statistics or dry facts, we only retain 10 percent of what is shared." Today's message encourages me to go beyond the surface of intellect to find the heart of wisdom.

From the Mystic Glyphs comes the card "Morning:"
Anyone who has ever spent time with a young child knows about the "do-over" when playing a game (especially when not playing well).  This morning is my do-over after a night with a migraine.  What a relief to realize the pain is gone.  Not only that, but after a long spell with no rain and hot, dry days, we finally had a good shower last night.  As the tarot card above reminds me to look below the surface, I see this as a new start.  If I don't like how my life is going, now is my chance to do something different.

4 comments:

  1. Happy rain, here is to more!

    Don't know if I've ever had the World Spirit, but this is a great card and story. I'm sure I'll remember 70% of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This deck is one of my sentimental favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to own this deck but traded it away from something fancier - now i kinda miss it a little. Perhaps I should try and get a copy before it is too hard to find. This card is lovely :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the bright colors on the dark background that draws me into each card. I've even learned to like some of the cards I used to hate (like the man-baby on the Sun I now see as the "wise child":D ).

      Delete