I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Just a Movie...

From the Thoth Tarot, the Priestess:
This priestess hides behind her web with a bow across her lap, reminding me of the goddess Artemis.  However what she hunts is not in the outer world but an inner one.  Like a hunter, she knows she must be still and let her "self" melt away, beyond the boundaries of the ego.  She is receptive and lets what she seeks come to her, rather than chasing after it.  As the Hanged Man from yesterday also taught, patience is needed to find the knowledge offered.

From the Vertical Oracle comes "Fear:"
This bionic hand reaching through the fire reminds me of a horror flick   Alli, in his companion booklet, writes: "Not all fears are reality-based.  Imposter fears may actually do more harm than real fears if they close your mind and immobilize your will."  Usually what I fear is just an emotion based on an experience from my past that I project into the future.  It just feels real, and by the time those physiological responses kick in, my brain is yelling, "Don't just sit there, DO something!"  If there really is no immediate danger, I must take the time to sit quietly with my fear, looking to see if what is behind it is real or just a movie in my head.


1 comment:

  1. Companion readings today. My quote is from the King of Blood apparently... ;)

    ReplyDelete