I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Standing Up Without Shoving

From the Thoth Tarot, the Five of Wands:
Ah, the card of Strife.  Anyone who has ever sat on a jury, been part of a committee, or even part of a family knows well what happens when you try to get people to agree on one way to do things.  It's human nature to believe that I have the "right" way, yet these kind of conflicts are what can open my mind to see other options if I'll let them.  I must question if what I know is fact or only opinion, and look at other ideas just as objectively.  The large, winged staff of the phoenix represents the good that can come from such discussions, in the same way impurities are removed from gold in the refinement process.

From the Vertical Oracle comes the card titled "Fragile:"
New buds on a branch, a pearl, and an assortment of berries and fruit represent what is tender and can be easily damaged by what is hard and sharp (the diamond).  The doe reminds me that I can stand up for myself and my ideas with respect and gentleness instead of contempt and forcefulness.  I need to consider what is fragile, such as my relationships with others, when I find myself wanting to push and shove to get my way.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I found it. Haven't been blogging, or journaling much of late. Back to it now I guess. I have been in "a cave" I think. I may come out from time to time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely picture you posted on your blog! Hope you'll keeping posting occasionally. :)

    ReplyDelete