I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lions and Lines

From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the King of Coins:
The lion has long represented kings, strength and dominion.  Place, in the booklet that accompanies his deck, describes the meaning of this card as "mastering one's environment and occupation."  My immediate environment is my home and my body.  These physical things, along with my finances, are what I must be a good steward of, as all resources will become depleted and disappear without the proper protection and care.  I may enjoy these gifts, but it is my responsibility to safeguard them as well.

From the Oracle of the Radiant Sun comes "Defence:"
Mars (action) in Taurus (material values)
The bull-man coin, the arrangement of swords, and the warriors on their horses all indicate a need to defend that which is important.  The horses are being reined in to keep them from charging down the hill, and I see this as not taking an aggressive stance but an assertive one.  The line has been drawn in the sand, and the attack will begin if someone crosses it.  For me, I am reminded that I must have boundaries to protect my health, home and family.  There are those who see me as a "resource" and have no qualms about using me up unless I take a firm stand.


1 comment: