I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pause and Ask for Support

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seven of Pentacles:
A satyr, with a goat and snake as companions, pauses to look at what the vine he has grown is producing.  All three of these animals represent fertility and creative energy, and I am reminded by them that my actions or inaction always produce results, some beneficial and some detrimental.  The thought here is to pause long enough to see exactly what I am creating instead of continuing to plod forward with blinders on.  I could be leaving thistles rather than fruit in my wake...

From the Mystic Glyphs deck comes "Work Unity:"
The outstretched hands in this glyph is an encouragement to ask for help and support in what I am trying to accomplish.  There is a person or a group that will complement my yang with yin (or vice versa), but first I must be willing to let them.  Intellectually I know it does not make me look weak to need another person, but I've got some deep roots growing in the "don't be such a wimp" soil to deal with...
  


1 comment: