I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Buck Stops Here

This week I'll be using the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, created by Robert Place.  Today's draw is the Ace of Swords:
A rainbow colored basilisk twines itself around a sword.  This mythical creature was said to have the head of a bird and the body of a reptile and was considered king of the serpents.  It played a dual role in alchemy, representing the destructive force of fire that allowed elements to be broken down, but also the immortalizing tonic produced by the philosopher's stone.  This card expresses the idea that my words and thoughts have two powers - to create and heal or to destroy and hurt.  A reminder to be mindful today of what I say and think.

The other deck I'll be using this week is the Oracle of the Radiant Sun, created by Caroline Smith and John Astrop.  This morning's card is "Authority:"
Mars (action) in Capricorn (duty, perseverance)
This card implies that actions taken should not be done impulsively but tempered with common sense.  A leadership position means that responsibility rests on my shoulders.  I might have the power to make decisions, but I also must deal with the fallout from the result of those choices. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment