I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Choices and Motives

From the Deirdre of the Sorrows, the Lovers:
A man reaches out to a woman, wanting her to take his hand, but she crosses her arms over her heart and looks away.  An angel holding a heart protectively looks with concern at the woman.  The Lovers is about choice and commitment.  The red rose the woman holds represents the passion she is not ready to relinquish.  This card reminds me that before I commit to something, I need to make sure my heart is in it.  I don't need to say "yes" to keep from hurting someone's feelings or any other superficial reason.

The card from the Victorian Flower Oracle today is "Lily:"
The keywords for this flower are "Pure Motives."  It is so easy to gloss over what I do to make my choices look bright and shiny on the outside when they're really tarnished on the inside.  Rationalization helps me convince myself that the choices I make are for the best, when in reality I'm hiding a bad motive with what appears to be a good one.  But on some level I know I'm just deluding myself, and what's the point of that?  Things will come to light eventually, whether I want them to or not.  Better to be honest with myself and others from the start.







1 comment: