I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 9, 2012

Duties Without the Heaviness of Life

From the Buckland Romani, the Nine of Koshes (Wands):
With a rug beneath him, a man sits on a ground patiently carving branches and wrapping them with leather.  He's completed a few that lean against his wagon, but he has several newly cut pieces yet to do.  There are no distractions around - even his teacup is behind him.  He completely focuses on the task at hand.  For some reason, the way he sits on the rug reminds me of Aladdin's magic carpet.  He might long to be whisked away to something more exciting, but he knows the magic won't come until he completes what he needs to do.  This card reminds me that though my duties may seem monotonous, I must take the path of responsibility if I want to enjoy free time to explore without guilt or regrets for things left undone.

From the Lakota Sweat Lodge comes "Grandfather's Breath - Tunkasila Oniwan:"

Grandfather's Breath is the steam that rises from the water sprinkled over the hot rocks in the sweat lodge.  It represents both the prayers offered to Spirit and the cleansing of mind, body and soul that results.  This is the transformative part of the ceremony, where things are released, allowing something new to take its place.  Here is where I can let go of resentment, guilt, fear, and sadness and allow them to be channeled into productive activity.  It allows me to drop the heavy stones I've been carrying so I can experience life instead of just react to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment