I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Perspectives to Make Progress

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the King of Koshes (Wands):
This king is busy whittling away at a staff; he doesn't like to leave things unfinished and enjoys seeing all details are carried through to completion.  And while he has no problem delegating tasks, he takes pride in being skillful and talented enough to do things himself.  His trusty dog sits patiently by his side, an indication that this man is extremely loyal to his those he rules over.  He may keep them in line, but every plan and project he starts is for their protection and benefit.  Little bumps in the road don't deter him - he'll just sharpen his knife and figure out a new way to meet those challenges.  He reminds me that no matter how wonderful my goal or project might be, I need to get started, then finish what I start.

From the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards comes "Sweat Lodge - Inipi:"
Each day you may be made anew.
The sweat lodge was a way for the Lakota to purify themselves - mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.  They went in the cave-like, sacred structure for the ceremony and emerged renewed afterwards.  It was like wiping down one of the old chalkboards we used to have in school; everything was erased and made clean.  This card teaches me that when I am stuck, I may need to erase my opinions and beliefs about how to move forward.  Sometimes I need another person's perspective or ideas to get me where I want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment