I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 5, 2012

Planting Seeds

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the Six of Cups:
On a wagon's steps sit six cups; a young girl looks off dreamily in the distance.  Perhaps she is thinking of places she's been and people she's met.  She relives the past through her memories.  The young boy however, holds the one cup that isn't full of flowers.  In it he plants seeds - flowers for the future.  This card reminds me that while it may be nice to visit the past, it is the present where I live.  And if I want to have any flowers blooming in my future, I need to pay attention to what's going on in my life right now.

From the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards comes the "Four Directions - Wani:"
I am the wind that travels from the Four Directions,
carrying and depositing the seeds of life.
Like the snow, my seeds disappear into the earth
only to reappear in a new form.
Life is constantly planting seeds.  Some may end up being a thorny bramble if I don't dig it up quickly.  Others I might think are a weedy nuisance, but later discover they have the potential as herbs to be tonics and medicines.  Then there are those that require extra nurturing - weeding, watering, and fertilizing.  These seeds will produce what is beautiful, what will bring me lasting joy.  The test for these special seeds lie in the ability to persevere in their care and be patient...


No comments:

Post a Comment