I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 3, 2012

Love vs. Force

From the Fey Tarot, the Empress:
The way this Empress cradles her mythical beast and the way he relaxes in her arms makes this a favorite card for me. I have two cats - one a female and the other a 14 lb. tomcat.  The girl loves to cuddle with me or curl up on my lap, but the boy doesn't want to be bothered.  If I try to hold him, he'll use all four feet and his hard head to push on my body to get away.  The Empress teaches that I have two choices in roles of leadership and responsibility; I can do it with the enforcement of rules and regulations (Emperor) or I can do it with love.  Both will work, but sometimes the way of love works out better in the end for everyone.

From the Crystal Deva Deck comes the stone "Ojo Caliente Timekeeper:"
Ojo Caliente is in New Mexico.  Its canyon is known for it hot, mineral springs and the caves of native people of the past.  It is considered both a sacred place and a place where people go to relax and unwind.  The companion book gives the keyword "harmony" to these stones; it reminds me of a Buddhist saying:
Peace in my heart,
Peace in my home,
Peace in my world.
Harmony works from the inside out, not the other way around.  When there is confusion or chaos in my world, my first obligation is to rediscover my center and peace within.  From there it can flow outward.




No comments:

Post a Comment