I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 28, 2012

On the Right Road

From the Granny Jones Tarot, Temperance:
Temperance makes me consider the middle path rather than one extreme or the other - it is a path of moderation.  What caught my eye in this image is the cat looking at itself in the mirror.  It makes me reflect on the irony of reading some sort of self-help book about character defects and instantly thinking "I know someone who acts just like that" instead of considering my own behavior.  The first step to walking that middle path is realizing the path I'm on now.

From the Button Oracle comes "Arjuna:"
"If you can think about a situation, you can deal with it. The big struggle is to keep your head clear enough to think." ~ Richard Pryor
    Arjuna, a unrivaled archer, was reluctant to take part in the battle of the Kurukshetra war because he knew he would be expected to potentially kill the enemy, which included many of his own relatives. He was persuaded by his charioteer and close friend, Lord Krishna, to change his mind. Their dialogue about Arjuna's inner and outer conflicts formed the subject of the Bhagavad Gita.  If I can take Krishna's advice and choose selflessness while avoiding attachment, I think I'll be headed down the right road.


No comments:

Post a Comment