I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pecking Order - Setting Priorities

From the Golden Tarot, the Eight of Coins:
Eight has twice the solidity of four, so in the Eight of Coins there is an ordering of priorities and an intense focus based on developing skills.  I like the inclusion of the woodpecker sitting by the window; I had the chance to watch one this past spring work on a nesting hole in a pine that had been struck by lightning.  He actually worked on several areas, making small cavities by chipping away with his beak.  But finally he decided on one in particular, and spent the rest of the morning digging it out in hopes of raising a family there.  His tenacity and hard work was impressive and reminded me that anything worth cultivating comes with perseverance and effort.

From the Yantra Deck comes "Generosity - giving:"
The authors ask the question, "Where do I hold back?"  They suggest that by being generous and giving to myself, I will find my cup overflows with plenty to share with others.  Giving from a mindset of lack versus a mindset of gratitude results in two very different types of gifts.  One expresses obligation, the other affection and kindness.  When I constantly put everyone's priorities ahead of my own, I feel the since of lack.  But when I feel my needs are important too, and make time for them, I can share with a heart full of love.


3 comments:

  1. you know, the majors of this deck have always put me off, but the court and this minor...quite nice art.

    also, great lesson to keep in mind from that oracle card :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like decks that give the minors and courts as much attention as the majors. Thanks for dropping by Bonkers! :)

      Delete