I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Peace of Gray

This week I'll be using the Gill Tarot, with a deck and book created by Elizabeth Josephine Gill.  Today's draw is the Two of Swords:
Twos represent a duality of some kind - good or bad, stay or go, this choice or that one.  The soft gray in this card reminds me of that "twilight zone" I'm in right before I fall asleep.  I'm still conscious but very relaxed; the hamster wheel of plans, worries and decisions has become still.  In this place (and in meditation as well) is where some of the best creative ideas and solutions have come.  Yet they come without force or demands - through patient waiting.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is called The Circle; its wedge-shaped cards and companion book were created by D.R. Taylor.  This morning's card is "Wisdom:"
What struck me about this card in relation to the one above is the theme of "gray."  The gray sky above and the silver-gray of this woman's hair remind me that the answers to my dilemmas will not lie in a black or white choice, but in one of compromise - the merging of these two colors.  Sometimes I need to realize that there is a third choice in addition to either/or.


1 comment: