I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Timing is Everything

From the Golden Tarot, the Ace of Swords:
I got up this morning thinking about how I could communicate with a few people for whose presence in my life I am grateful but rarely take the time to tell them.  I had an idea how I could do this (if I can find some spare time) that would have my creative stamp on it.  When I drew this particular card I couldn't help but laugh.  The sword indicates the potential of my idea and the sprig of greenery symbolizes the creative side of things.  The tiny crown around the blade reminds me of those charms people put on glasses at parties to show who's drink is who's - and just happens to perfectly represent the signature of my last name.  The wit and timing of tarot cards can be amusing.

From the Yantra Deck comes "Peace - being surrendered:"
Surrendering means something completely different to me than simply giving up.  It shows the wisdom of knowing what I have control over and what I don't.  I can waste time, energy, and peace of mind trying to change people or situations that won't change through any effort of mine, or I can accept what is and move on.  Today I feel that push to get many things done - fulfill needs and obligations as well as doing what will fulfill me.  As the winter solstice approaches, when all the rest of nature begins slowing down, it seems like I speed up preparing for the holidays.  Since the earth has been around much longer than me, maybe I should take a few hints from her.

3 comments:

  1. that is a witty Fool/response :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your idea of the logical Fool! :D

      Delete
    2. haha i meant to write Ace. i've been moderately sleep deprive lately and i guess words be getting mixed up in my mind. I was LOOKING at your card while writing that comment too :0

      Delete