I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Continue the Cycle

From the Hezicos Tarot, the Ten of Coins:
I do think it is important to be grateful for what one has, but like mushrooms, the "tens" of any suit don't last  forever.  Tens show completion, but then reduce back down to "one."  That doesn't mean all is lost, it just means I now have a lap full of potentials and possibilities to work with.  Many people think a mushroom (cap and stem) is the plant itself.  But these fungi begin underground as a network of cells called mycelium.  The part we see above ground is actually the fruit of the plant; these are the "apples" that have seeds (spores) to keep the species going even after the original plant has completed its life.  The message I bring away from this card is to enjoy the blessings I have, but realize they are there to help me to continue to create, not rest on my laurels.

From the Way of the Horse deck comes "Desert of Inspiration:"
I love to be stimulated by sights and sounds.  But when I am trying to be creative or find a solution, I may need to pare away all those distractions.  Have you ever had a problem or puzzle you couldn't crack, then while you were focused on some inane task (washing dishes for instance), the answer popped into your head?  When I go shopping at Publix there is literally a wall of cereal to choose from.  So many choices can often be more confusing than helpful.  This card reminds me that limiting my exposure to sights and sounds can slow down my hamster wheel of thoughts, and allow me to see the possibilities instead of problems.


1 comment:

  1. i did not know that about mushrooms :0
    good thought to keep in mind indeed.

    ReplyDelete